- Becoming digital
- digital literacy
- Graduate employability
- Grassroots development
- Institutional priorities
- IT Competencies
- Magazine Leonardo
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- open source
- social media
- student experience
- video editing server
- Website Redevelopment
- Some thoughts on digital literacy in a customer service context (LCC Learning Zone):
- Tools and Equipment to support digital practice – IT issues
- Six UAL colleges and six differing approaches to digital literacies
- QAA institutional review – the results
- Website Redevelopment Project update
- Connect with UAL on social media
- Rich media and mobile tools for studio-workshop Learning and Teaching
- Baseline links
- MY DIGITAL LIFE: BAR CAMP
- Delivery of technical resource information online
- How to join UALs my.blog.arts and blog groups
- UAL Digital Baseline
- How do you like to receive University information?
- Agreeing an appropriate framework of digital competencies for UAL
- Exciting new partnership for disseminating our work in the electronic and digital domain
- Shared OER (Open educational resource) video editing server
- More survey details ‘Which UAL Online Services do you use?’
- Which UAL Online Services do you use?
- iTunes Ual ?
- Flexible Learning at UAL – initial thoughts
- Becoming digital report from 2010
- Digital vision & future
- What are the challenges that mean practice needs to change?
- Expertise (and maybe attitudes?)
- What co-curricular experiences build real-world digital capability and fluency?
- Practice in the curriculum
- What do we do with the technologies we use?
- What Software do staff, students etc actually use?
- What technologies do staff, students etc actually use?
- Grassroots development
- Support (IT Competencies)
- ALTO Arts Learning and Teaching Online
- UAL Research Online
- What does the institution/project say are its priorities?
- The Information Strategy Steering Group
- UAL Statistics and strategies:
- UAL digital baseline
Author Archives: Chris Follows
This question came from a member of staff in terms of how UAL are agreeing an appropriate framework of digital competencies for UAL. DIAL have explored digital competencies and we also did a quick survey with students – they can … Continue reading
Over the summer David Garcia has established a partnership with the art and technology magazine Leonardo and editor Lanfranco Aceti. This could provide an exciting new partnership for disseminating our work in the electronic and digital domain. On the 27th … Continue reading
In this video from the learning studio event, Chris Follows talks about ways of making best practical use of art and design OER (Open educational resource) video content and how to share and co-edit resources across institutions and the sector … Continue reading
Some additional comments combined with the survey data John posted earlier. Understandably, with the focus being on teaching and learning, the most used platform was identified as being the current Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) – Blackboard. The fact that use … Continue reading
I think before jumping into iTunes U, UAL really needs to have a plan/strategy for how it manages its internal video production and how it archives/makes available and licenses video it produces. Ual really needs to establish a unified cross … Continue reading
Academic Planning Sub Committee, 26th January 2012. Purpose of paper: This paper is a response to APSC’s stated wish to review the extent of flexible learning at UAL, with a view to the possibility of extending flexible provision. It is … Continue reading
This aim of this report is to outline a vision of a UAL that is digital by default[i]. It draws on 17 days of research and engagement in UAL, reviewing the wide range of interconnected activities and processes that are … Continue reading
What would progress look like from start-up to end-point? Is it realistic to expect progress in some of these over just two years? DIAL perspectives are: Senior Management support and buy in UAL digital programme & strategy Course leaders support … Continue reading
What are the challenges that mean practice needs to change? e.g. new graduate outcomes, new student expectations… Technology trends for consideration – http://dial.myblog.arts.ac.uk/2012/01/31/technology-trends-for-consideration/ Open Educational Resources at the UAL – http://dial.myblog.arts.ac.uk/category/open-education/
How capable do staff and students feel with digital technologies? How relevant are their skills for their specific roles? DIAL survey up to 100 students interviewed by students: “Most said students are usually of the younger generation, and so their … Continue reading